Friday, August 08, 2008

Experiment

I've been experimenting with quilt design. This is a "4-line" design I learned at a quilt retreat. First I drew 4 lines in a block - just 4 random lines. One of mine in this design is a curved line.


I then cut out multiple copies of the block and arranged them, changing the orientation to to see what pattern emerged. Kind of interesting.




This is the product of my experiment. I like it enough to to have made it larger but, unfortunately, I ran out of fabric. This is exactly why I don't usually buy fat quarters. I love the floral print. It's like a William Morris floral but I only had a fat quarter and don't know who the manufacturer is. Oh, well. Just what I need - another top to sandwich, quilt, and bind.


I've also started washing and carding some of the raw fleece I've bought on Ebay. I have brown merino wool, white merino wool, alpaca, Romney wool, and llama. A while ago I also bought a new Strauch drum carder. It is fabulous and I'm now carding some llama. I think I mentioned it in my previous post as a possible yarn for my sweater. It's beautiful and unbelievably soft.


I think I've decided on this for my sweater. I can't wait to start spinning it.

No comments: