Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Knitting

Unbelievably, I've again let months go by without posting.  However, my favorite time of year is here and I've already begun to get my house in the Christmas spirit.  The tree is up and decorated and I'm working on the the rest of the house I've even made some new ornaments this year.

Most of my ornaments are handmade by me or by friends.  My Jewish friend, Carole, has been making ornaments every year for many years as gifts for her Christian friends.  She tries to make each year a learning experience by learning a new skill while making the ornaments - felting, glass fusing, weaving, and this year quilling (though I haven't seen this one yet).  I almost feel as if these ornaments are a history of our friendship.


This year I bought a book called "55 Christmas Balls to Knit".  I'm not sure why I bought it but I'm glad I did and  I began delving into the available patterns.  So far I've made six with only have fourty-nine more to go :-)






Anyway, I've really enjoyed working on them.  They are knit on double-pointed needles and then stuffed with fiber fill.  They turned out to be much larger than I anticipated but then the tree is pretty large so that's not a real problem.






Given my posting history to date, I probably won't be back this month, so I'd like to wish you and your family Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year.

END OF POST


No comments: