Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Still Life In Fabric

I‘ve gotten myself involved in so many things, I’m starting to get stressed out. Wasn’t that supposed to go away when I retired? One of those things is an online course in doing still life quilts. The first step was taking the picture. Somehow I couldn’t see myself doing a quilt of a vase like the rest of the class. So, of course, being me, I had to jump in over my head. I went to the supermarket and bought a red, a green, and a yellow pepper to set up my still life. The course included how to set up the lighting for the photograph and I got three pictures that I liked so I have decided to do a series.The process also requires the use of multiple values of the same hue. I have very bad luck finding that in fabric stores so I have done some gradation dyeing for my peppers.


Anyway, here’s the first of the three in progress. Of course it won’t be finished by the time the course ends (so what’s new) but I know I will be happier with them than I would have been with a vase. I’ll be back with them as they are completed.   END OF POST

No comments: