Monday, July 04, 2011

Needle Felted Faces














A couple of weeks ago we had a fun little mini-workshop taught by one of the members of the Tavern Spinners and Weavers Guild. Most of the participants were from the Five Rivers Guild felting study group but not all. It only took about three hours including the instruction and it was great fun making these bizarre little caricatures.



Most of that time was spent working on the eyes since the eyes really make the face. Each eye component was needle felted separately, then felted together and then held in place by felted upper and lower lids.









































































I was the only one in the group who worked with commercially prepared roving because I liked the blended colors and I discovered that it gives the face a very different look. I think the next one I try will be with my home carded fleece.

Aren’t they great?? Scary but great. END OF POST

No comments: