Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Still Life Moving Along

Between all the other things I've been doing, I'm still working on the fabric still lifes.  The piecing is finished except for the tables and the search is on for the right fabric.




Once the fabric has been found, they will be pressed and fused and the stitching will begin.  I really like this technique and it has given me the perfect oppportunity to work on my cotton dyeing.  It took two tries to get the yellow almost right.  I say almost since I would probably do it a third time if I had the energy and if I hadn't OD'd on dye in March.  But it's close enough to what i wanted and I'm reasonably pleased with the result.  So far, so good.  There will be more to come when the table is chosen and the stitching begins.     END OF POST

No comments: