Friday, January 30, 2009

Can Anyone Add More Hours To The Day?

I spent all day yesterday thinking it was Wednesday so maybe I need more days in the week instead of more hours in the day. I was working away on my UFOs when I suddenly realized it was the middle of January and I had signed up for the Black History Month postcard exchange. I dropped everything and started the work. I had already designed them in my head and done much of my research but sometimes the implementation doesn't work out like the plan in your head. This time I was lucky and everything is going smoothly. I'll have something to show you by Monday. Aside from the artistic adventure, I learn a lot from these cards - not just from the ones I receive but also from the ones I make when I research my subject.

I did finish my sweater!! Just have to buy and sew on the right buttons before I can truly call it finished and I won't post pictures until then. As with many projects, there are things in the pattern I would do differently if I had it to do over. But I'm happy with it and I'll show it to you when the buttons are on.

In the meantime, here's a picture of the first sweater knit from my handspun at least 25 years ago. It's so warm, I can shovel snow in it without wearing a coat. END OF POST



No comments: