Monday, November 17, 2008

Holiday cards are in the Works

My friends know that I am unbelievably inconsistent when it comes to sending Christmas cards. I'll go for five years without sending a card and then, all of a sudden, I'll send them out. Last year was our first year my online group exchanged fabric Christmas cards (see my 1/4/08 post). I made a few extra and sent them to my closest friends. Totally contrary to my usual way of doing things, I started working on this year's cards right after I returned from Japan.

I decided to make 30 cards. The exchange group is small this year and the rest will go to my friends. WHO KNEW 30 CARDS WERE GOING TO BE THIS MUCH WORK!! I decided to make pieced cards this time and I'm paper piecing an angel pattern from Quilt University. The pattern has 12 units and I have little pieces all over the workroom though I'm trying to stay organized with envelopes. Just imagine all these pieces in a 4"x6" card.

On top of everything else, I'm having major construction on my house. I live in a 100+ year old house. It had a 2 story enclosed porch that was on the verge of collapsing. I decided to replace it with a single story open porch.

Early demolition

New porch

I'm thrilled with the way it's turning out. It's much more in keeping with the house and I'm getting favorable comments from the neighbors and even the mailman.

I love doing cards and sharing them with friends but I think I'm ready to get back to larger work. Can't wait to finish these and get back to my spice quilt. I need to see it finished.

No comments: