Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Leaves Are Done

The leaves are finished and now it's on to the hard part - the flower. During the process I made the decision not to go for true realism. I had so many great greens that I decided to use a quite few of them and not worry about whether the leaves looked truly realistic.

I added a primary vein to the leaves - first using the light green you see in the lighter colored leaf. When they were done, however, I decided they were too bright so I went over all of them, except the lighter one, with brown to dull them down as you can see, on the darker leaf. I think they need secondary veins but I'll wait and see.

The leaves are machine appliqued but I don't want to do the flower that way. I think I have it figured out in my mind so it's time to bite the bullet and just do it. The wrinkles and puckers will go away when I remove the tear-away stabilizer in the back.

No comments: