Friday, March 23, 2007


I've completed the latest postcard for my online quilting group and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.



After attaching the arms to the background, I used the foiling technique again on the ball in one of the hands. The text on the back required come editing. It's just a bit shorter.


I showed the finished product to my UFO support team today and they were thrilled, although one of them did mention that she didn't see her address on any of them. The cards are going in the mail today and I will get back to my UFO list.



I 'm in this amazingly fertile creative zone right now. Everything I see, particularly raw materials, inspires me to create something. I have all of these ideas swirling around in my head. Unfortunately, by the time I get home and take care of obligations, there's not a lot of discretionary time left. I'm trying to document the ideas so when there is time or when retirement becomes a reality, I won't have forgotten them all. The down side of this, if there is a down side, is that I've been buying all these raw materials on Ebay - for weaving and spinning particularly. I WANT IT ALL!! Perhaps it's time for an Ebay intervention. But, I'm just going to attempt a cold turkey withdrawal. Wish me luck.




No comments: